Each year we organise an incredible bike ride in Norway – visit http://www.worldatplayride.com/ to find out more and register, or alternatively we would be delighted if you wanted to organise your own fundraising activity. We have listed some ideas below.
Organise an event:
People love an excuse to get together, especially if it’s for a good cause! Here are some ideas for events you could run:
- Car boot sale / Garage sale or using Ebay to sell your unwanted items
- Run a 5 a side football tournament with an entry fee for each team or player
- Host a themed party (everyone loves dressing up!)
- Cake sales at work, school or Uni
- Organise a themed (or normal!) car wash at the work or Uni car park
- Organise a pub quiz on topics of your choice
- Host a come dine with me night
- Host an open mic night, karaoke or even a dance-off!
- Don’t be afraid to ask your friends and family to help. If they can’t give money, perhaps they can probably support your fundraising in other ways e.g. donating gifts / services for raffles or prizes.
Complete a challenge
Whether it’s running, swimming, trekking, cycling or something else you want to give a go, physical (or mental!) challenges are a popular way to raise money for your favourite cause.
I did a sponsored half marathon and people gave me money in exchange for writing their name in marker on my skin. It was as simple as it sounds, but I had people queuing up right until the start of the race to scribble their name! I suppose it meant that they didn’t have to then run themselves
Find out whether your company does matched fundraising and make sure you sign up if they do, as it’s a simple way of doubling your money!